Kalk Muizenberg Municipality Coat of Arms

Kalk Muizenberg Municipality Coat of Arms
From the Wynberg Times 27 July 1907 – KBMM column
The Council has decided on adopting the coat of arms designed by Mr Frank S
Newman which is:
Crest: The Imperial Lion proper guarding the anchor of Good Hope.
Escutcheon quartered in chief as follows –
1 st – Vasco da Gama’s vessel the St Joseph (the first European ship to enter
Table Bay) with the arms of the commander imposed in the dexter corner; 2 nd
Fleur de lys or semées (French v. sow or scattered) on a field azure (the arms of
the Huguenots who settled in the vicinity of Muizenberg); the lower portion of the
shield being charged with a bunch of grapes proper (an emblem of fertility) on a
field purpure. On an inescutcheon is the Cape lily proper on a field gules.

Motto ‘Spes Major’; Supporters 2 Mermen